Abdul ata sacred place

Monument date:
XVII-XVIII c.
Placement /
Previous toponym:

In the village of Nuvedi, Meg­ri district, Zangazur mahal.

Placement /
Current toponym:

The name of Nuvedi village was changed to Nonadzor on 19.04.1991

Classification:

Archi­tecture

Current situation

After the depor­tation of Azer­baijanis from their historical ethnic lands on August 8, 1991, the Armenian sta­te did not allow them to visit the sacred place, and the territory of the it was destroyed by the Arme­nians and tur­ned into ruins.

Information:

Along the valley where the Selanch River flows, not far from the village of Nuvedi, on a hilly place in the center of the valley, on a hilly place in the center of the valley, stood the “Abdul Ata” sacred place, considered sacred by the population with dense juniper trees. Cutting down trees in these and other sacred places was considered a sin, so people did not touch the trees. It is said that Seyyid Mir Huseyn Agha (1885-1956), who lived in the village of Nuvedi and was a descendant of Imam Museyi-Kazim (1885-1956), received religious education in the city of Tabriz and led religious and Gnostic meetings in the village. To prove the incompatibility of tree worship and Islam, he cut down the trees around the pir and used them to supply poles and firewood for his house. Sayyid Mir Huseyn Agha, who was persecuted after this act, left the village with his brother Mir Rasul Agha and moved to Misan village in southern Azerbaijan. in 1937. His grave is in this area. 

The sacred pla­ce was a temple of sacral-spiri­tual feelings. It was considered a source of ho­pe that the people who shel­tered him made intentions and vowed.

Photos:
Videos: